Some original projects conducted in the earlier years by WATER for the WORLD and/or PONDS for PEACE may not be adequately recorded with sufficient photographic images for a variety of reasons. Originally the projects were not being completed for inclusion in this or any other website gallery. The projects were simply conducted as a way the original founders of this organization could give back to the world community in which they served. Recording the projects photographically was the last thing they were thinking about at the time, wishing only to complete a good deed for someone in need. Some of the other reasons for a lack of photographic images of earlier projects include but are not limited to:
- Non-ability to transport old, heavy, bulky photographic equipment due to space restrictions at the time the projects were being conducted.
- Non-availability of adequate numbers of qualified volunteer personnel to take photographs rather than complete a more important goal, task or project.
- Adverse environmental or weather conditions preventing the safe on-site use of any fragile or sensitive photographic equipment.
- Lost or stolen equipment and/or luggage during travel by using local foreign transportation services by land, sea or air.
- Illegal search and seizure by foreign nationals wrongfully confiscating the personal property of travelers from another country.
- Unstable regional political issues or localized war time conditions or violent situations that would have jeopardized the safety of organizational members.
Currently, small inexpensive and readily available digital cameras and cellular telephones containing camera applications are easily transported and used by any member of a project installation team, making it much more conducive to collect necessary photographic records for our more recent projects.